Monday, December 15, 2014

JEV nearly wins on Formula E debut

Formula 1 refugee Jean-Eric Vergne said losing a potential win on his Formula E debut in Punta del Este did not take the shine off his weekend with Andretti Autosport.


The Former Toro Rosso F1 driver Vergne, who had taken pole in Uruguay on his first day in a Formula E car, was challenging Sebastian Buemi for victory with just two laps remaining when the front-right suspension of his Spark-Renault broke, forcing him to a halt.

Sebastian Buemi won his first Formula E race in the all-electric single-seater series' third round. 

After the third round of the Formula E, this is what JEV had to say on his experience behind a Formula E car.

"I had no expectations coming into this weekend,".

"I came here to have fun and that's what I did.

"The weekend would have been perfect if I had won, but somehow the suspension broke and that was that, so it's a bit of a shame. But that's racing.

"I didn't hit any kerbs, I didn't touch the wall or anything. I believe the suspension of these cars is fragile and I heard they're going to be changed for the next race."

"I think we lost a lot of time because of the safety car that came out exactly as the same time as I came out, I couldn't push, so that's why I gave Buemi the position."

"But I think we've shown a fantastic performance, especially with pole position."

"That was a proper pole, and it's nice to be at the front again."

Vergne also suffered an issue with his fanboost.