Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ogier wins Wales Rally...And its Goodbye Hirvonen!!

World Champion Sebastien Ogier comfortably scored his eighth win of the season in the Wales Rally GB. Ogier in his Volkswagen Polo R remained unchallenged after his team mate Jari Matti Latvala, who looked promising on the opening day before he crashed mid way in the opening stage.

Mikko Hirvonen had an emotional end to his career after he finished in the second place.

Here are the Top five timings in the Wales Rally GB after the Power Stage.





1. Ogier (VW): 3:03:08.2
2. Hirvonen (Ford): 37.6
3. Ostberg (Citroen): 1m03.6s
4. Neuville (Hyundai): 1m14.9s
5. Evans (Ford): 1m24.3s

Ogier after winning:
"The win is the best way to finish the year - that was the target. We wanted to enjoy it here. We started flat-out and we made a great difference, but after Jari-Matti had his problem my race changed and I had to control it. Not the best fun but I had to do it. When the conditions are like this it's not too bad. I'm so happy for Mikko to finish on the podium. It's a great achievement."

Hirvonen after finished on the podium in his last Rally:

"I'm so happy! I couldn't have a better end to my career. A great fight. For sure I am going to miss things. There are so many people to thank. To you all - thank you!"

Jari-Matti Latvala won the rally-closing Power Stage in a Polo R to take maximum bonus points. Thierry Neuville claimed two points for second in a Hyundai i20, with Østberg taking one point for third.